who wants to switch to COT in 2008?

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should we convince the league to switch to the COT mod for 2008?

Yes!
84%
No! Leave it the way it is.
16%

Total votes: 31

bover907
League Administrator

who wants to switch to COT in 2008?

Post by bover907 »

I say yes. it's sooooo much a pain in the ass to paint on these archaic heat cars!!!! :x
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Surprised you didn't ask for the NR2k3 mod then lol. They are about the easiest to paint with using the NR03 templates. Then you've got all the base schemes you can use for them.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I actually have a mod in the works. It'll feature the car of tomorrow. (made by me! he he) and a bunch of other custom NHRL stuff. Stay tuned.........
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Can't wait Bov. This isn't going to use the same time frame as the "new" league website or the "IROC" mod, is it?
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

sharpen that stick before u poke someone with it please
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nope, I am feverishly at work with it. It's getting there. I'll have some preview screens up here shortly.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Re: who wants to switch to COT in 2008?

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Hey Bov does the new car have a new sound to the engine, or will it sound the same as the 04 mod :? the 06 engine sounds cool :wink:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

jesse rathbun wrote:Hey Bov does the new car have a new sound to the engine, or will it sound the same as the 04 mod :? the 06 engine sounds cool :wink:
The new car has a new sound which actually came from the sound files On another racing game CD that I had (NT2003).

It is somewhat like the Nextel Heat 05/06 engine sound, only better due to new discoveries about Heat's sound capabilities that I was able to take advantage of. 8)
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

cool sounds great the preview looks awsome too :lol:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Bover,
I think the previews look "out of this world". Really looks good. I hope you break up the downloads for people still out there in the old school connection. I enjoy all the mods, all the tex files etc. At the same point in this reporters opinion is. Let's not all forget where all this came from. Which is the game Nascar Heat. The game itself holds up beyond par with me when it comes to graphics, etc. nr2003 season.ahhh. It's "aight". I've always thought Heat is the best. So, to me hopefully the plain old nascar heat cup will not be forgotten. For it is where it was born, and enjoyed upon.

Sincerely,
Petty43
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

how can i have an opinion if i havent completed one single lap with a COT car?

its a conspiracy. i wouldent doubt it if all you guys are practicing that mod every night on some secret server just to ef efgordon and drive me insane. i'm always the last to know!

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

EF, go out to Bov's painting site at http://www.bover907.com/paintshop/ and check out his preview video of the
Cot Mod that he is creating...
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Don't worry, ef. The couple people who have a "pre-beta" of the mod, (whom I sent for opinions on what the car looked like) have a version on which I conducted a physics experiment with. That car is too fast, and sticks to the track too well. But that was only an experiment.

No one will be driving the 'real deal' until I officially release the Beta version, which will probably only need 2008 paint updates at the last minute before the Official version comes out.

Timeline? Beta.... for Christmas.. Final.... Feb 1st.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Reply with quoteEdit post Re: who wants to switch to COT in 2008?
by Petty43 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Bover,
I think the previews look "out of this world". Really looks good. I hope you break up the downloads for people still out there in the old school connection. I enjoy all the mods, all the tex files etc. At the same point in this reporters opinion is. Let's not all forget where all this came from. Which is the game Nascar Heat. The game itself holds up beyond par with me when it comes to graphics, etc. nr2003 season.ahhh. It's "aight". I've always thought Heat is the best. So, to me hopefully the plain old nascar heat cup will not be forgotten. For it is where it was born, and enjoyed upon.

Sincerely,
Petty43
Petty43 Proud Member of the New Age Outlaws

That's how I felt back then and this is how I feel now. I for one, I don't agree with this change. The mod looks great...but have we all forgotten that there is nothing wrong with the original? Is this another IRF Thunder2Heat? All the mod's is what makes the person getting the game at a thrift store or a hand me down googles it, and people are talking about mods and folders tex files etc. Most people don't know this shit. I believe we should race the mod in a different series. Why take away why we are all here racing? To me it's assnine to take away the original. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". But...whatever happens i'll be practicing to try to be the best I can be. See you on the track.