irp BUSCH

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
rookiesrock8

irp BUSCH

Post by rookiesrock8 »

RACE RESULTS

Track: IRP
Laps: 80
Realism: Expert
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 571 lepage71 30:39.206 21.963 4
2 993 EagleKeeper +1.700 21.988 12
3 267 efgordon +7.781 21.814 26
4 910 TommyW +21.432 21.809 38
5 920 Rookiesrock +1L 22.015 0
6 313 actlabs11 +2L 22.411 0
7 983 WildFire +2L 22.444 0
8 281 bover907 +3L 22.431 0
9 242 kyle4445 +6L 22.051 0
10 801 DusterLag DNF 22.685 0
11 22 catch22 DNF 22.436 0

BBFF member
EagleKeeper

got "EF-ed" ... lol

Post by EagleKeeper »

WildFire

Re: got "EF-ed" ... lol

Post by WildFire »

I was holding 6th place for a nice long run. But in the closing lcouple laps, my right front tire was getting to hot. I was afraid I was gonna lose my tire, so I had to let ActLabs go by me.
efgordon

Post by efgordon »

well Eagle, if it helps any, i am sorry. my common sense told me one thing, but my belief that i was gonna win that race told me another. i feel really bad for "trying" to get down to the bottom and making you pass me on the outside with a slim hope that you wouldent be able to pass me with 2 laps to go, even though you came from 2 secs back in just 2 or 3 laps. i feel really bad because both times i passed you during the earlier parts of the race you gave me the sign <<< and moved right over. i feel like such a tool for not doing the same. who knows, maybe i woulda even finished 2nd.

just so you know, i started turning left to get to the bottom when you were 4 or 5 car lengths back, but my car was really slow to respond because i had worn out the tires really bad. i never heard "car low" but instead i heard "crunch" and knew i had just made the 2nd worst move in the history of my nhrl career. (homestead 2003 was worse). i had a slight, and i mean slight feeling that you might see me comming and decide to play it safe knowing that you would have plenty of time to still pass me on the high side over the last 2 laps. i never even noticed lepage closing fast in 3rd. had i realized that i might have figured you didnt have time for any monkey buisness with me.

i doubt if anything like this happens again, because i dont see any tracks left on the schedule that i am confident i can win at. That in a nutshell was really the problem. i thought for sure i would win that race going away, and i was convinced i could do it with either strategy. IRP is by far my favorate track, and i have probably run 10X as many laps there offline than all other tracks combined. i just love that place. for some reason i just couldent believe my eyes that you werent going away. i didnt want to just win, i wanted to win convinsingly so i ran way way harder than i should have. every once in a while i forget that i am competing with the best sim racers on the planet.

i hope all will go back to normal this week and you wont hold it against me in the future.

efgordon

Edited by: efgordon at: 6/29/05 1:19 pm
rookiesrock8

Post by rookiesrock8 »

My replay looks like eaglekeeper went in low and possibly hit the apron and came up into EF. I don't understand all the apologies ef. We all know your a talented competitor. Don't be so hard on yourself. Always a pleasure.

BBFF member
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

EF, I also agree with Rookie. Your a very well respected sim racer, and talented to boot. I've had the pleasure of learning alot from you over the past couple of months.

Always a pleasure to race and to practice with you!!!

WF

Edited by: WildFire at: 6/29/05 11:05 pm
EagleKeeper

it's all good>>>

Post by EagleKeeper »

yeah.... ef.... you are a great driver. one of the best ive seen lately and you are constantly getting faster and faster . to clear it all up..... i'm not displeased in the race results ... and i'm not angry with you or anything
I probably should have waited another lap to pass but i saw the opportunity.... and i took it once i got under ya..... you started pinching me down to the apron i started braking ... but with my worn tires i started to break loose and i came off the brakes.... only to lose control and put us both in the wall . i wasn't sure if i wasn't below you (in your screen) or what..... so i wasn't rerally sure what happened. i was praying we would both be able to save it ..... but we both did something like this>> twirling ing and lepage was like this
so..... no worries it's all good. fun race
efgordon

Re: it's all good>>>

Post by efgordon »

well i have always felt the need to talk things over with anyone i have ever had any incidents with

its just makes me feel a little better about the next race

its hard enough getting through a race at the proper pace, so it just gives me one less thing to worry about when i get these kind of things off my mind

i do appreciate all the kind words also

oh and btw, i have never been any good at keeping my posts short

cyaz on sunday